Thứ Sáu, 14 tháng 10, 2011

Battlefield 3 beta and all the voices

Battlefield's 3 beta opened 27th of September for those who bought Tier 1 edition of Medal of Honor and preordered the game on EA's downloadable service Origin. My goal with this post is to set up a constructive discussion regarding BF3 in general comparing it to it's predecessors.
I have 500 hours in Bad Company 2 on the PS3. Some don't care and some would not understand why I put 500 hrs in a game. That's fine. It's not too important, but point being I got enough experience comparing BC2 to the BF3 beta.
What do I want to discuss? Yes, "all the voices". BF3 has touch everyone in a way in the media it seems. Some loved BF2, some loved BC2 etc. Meaning, there are 10000** opinions on this game and sadly there are no correct answer. I will be talking a bit more about the PS3 version instead of PC in terms of presentation.

Let's jump into it. I've played the beta for 5 hours now. To summarize the game personally, it's freaking awesome. Not very constructive but listen. I felt right at home from the minute I fired a shot. The BC2 feel was there for me controller wise. I was very curious what they would do with BC2 controls in BF3 and it they used them and improved on them. It feels great to move around, and aiming is as good as it can get on consoles in my opinion. I played a few fps's in my time and these controls are the very best I've played with. Some may wonder why this is so important, and I'm not sure how to explain it. It makes the basic gameplay feel a lot more smooth. There are no rough edges in a way.
And now a shout out to those who actually complain that there are bugs, glitches and technical issues with the beta. Oh yes, let me mock you. It's a BETA. If you are unsure what a beta actually is then google it. And if you don't know, don't say anything. Yes your screen may freeze, yes you may get stuck in invisible objects, etc.
I've not played BF3 on the PC yet so I'm not going to voice my opinion on the graphics but I've heard it's looking VERY nice from friends. Now, graphics and the PS3. Honestly, what did most of you expect? 4AA, same resolution of textures as PC etc.? The PS3 was released in 2006 meaning the hardware hasn't changed since 2006. Considering this BF3 is looking quite good on the PS3. The overall presentation is astounding. Sound, environment, colors, light. It all makes BF3 looks very nice on the PS3. I honestly don't know what many are complaining over. Of course it's graphically below the PC, and not by a little, but by a lot. Want me to also compare the PS3 and today's PC's CPU's, GPU's and then really crunch these numbers down? Apparently some of you would be surprised.
Now on to the hard part. I've talked to many about the BF3 beta and what they think compared to BC2. And we loved BC2. We came up with: "BF3 beta so far is everything BC2 was, added some more and then some more and multiplied it all with 3".
What about BF2 veterans? I barely played BF2 so I got no grounds to compare. This is the true sequel to BF2, but when I read EA's forums people are not happy. There are no real statistics here. "Those who yell the loudest will be heard". This is true in many cases and most likely is the case here. Are you guys happy with the BF3 beta so far? Sure Metro is a small map, with no vehicles etc. but's we have only seen 2 maps so far. Caspian Border is got everything you wanted to obviously DICE is taking into everything you loved with BF2. And there will be more maps, many more.

The post got a bit more messy than planed. I would like to end with that I love the BF3 beta on the PS3 so far and I'm having a blast. This ism my shooter of the year, probably of this generation. The post may conclude that I'm a battlefield fanboy, but please argue this. Come with cons and pros in a constructive matter and let me know what you like and don't like with the beta. It needs to be related to the design of the game, but technical difficulties etc considering it's a beta.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét